Stakeholder co-creation of outputs
Through actively involving stakeholders in the co-creation of outputs resulting from National Water Safety Plan implementation, it can be ensured that the benefits associated with plan implementation are realized by all parties involved.
Co-creation is when a diverse stakeholders work alongside each other and collaborate to generate an output.
Outputs are the tangible outcomes of the water safety plan, demonstrating what has eventuated as a result of plan implementation. Some examples of outputs are:
- Newsletters and factsheets presenting plan progress and outcomes.
- Any training modules or workshops which have been developed as part of plan implementation.
- Baseline reports and final outcome reports.
- Documented contextual information.
- Articles or publications.
Active involvement by stakeholders in the co-creation process could involve visits to sites where interventions are being implemented, participation in data analysis, joint report writing and authorship, co-hosting of training workshops and community meetings, and other activities aimed at capacity building.
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders provides opportunity to access unique resources and knowledge bases, assisting in the production of relevant, informative and engaging outputs which demonstrate the achievements of a National Water Safety Plan.
- Creates opportunities for access to local knowledge.
- Contributes towards establishing the sustained implementation of interventions comprising the water safety plan.
- Bridges the gap between conceptual and tangible benefit realization for stakeholders.
- Raises challenges due to diverse characteristics, interests and goals of the different stakeholders involved.
- Stakeholders may have varying levels of alignment with a water safety plan, thus presenting challenges in managing the process of co-creation.
Partnering with stakeholders in the co-creation of outputs requires an emergent, adaptive and creative approach; parties assigned to providing governance should have the capability to anticipate and manage this approach and the challenges that may present.
Gain government endorsement